Venture Capital Summer Associate Opportunity
(New York or Remote)
Alpha Partners is a unique growth stage co-investment fund. Alpha partners with 600+ early stage VC funds as their growth capital to help them double down in their best growth stage companies. Our recent portfolio IPOs include Coupang, Coursera, Wish, Vroom, and Rover. We also have made investments in notable companies including GoPuff, Socure, Ro, DoctorOnDemand, Udemy and Lime. You can learn more about us and our portfolio companies at alphapartners.com.
We are seeking current MBA students to join our team this summer. While we are HQ’d in midtown Manhattan, we will consider candidates based remotely. This Alpha role is ideal for evaluating growth stage tech investments, and building your long-term sector expertise and relationship network with Venture Capital firms and founders. Past interns have stayed on in a full-time capacity at Alpha, while others have gone on to be principals at other venture funds.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Summer Associate opportunity consists of growth stage venture capital diligence, sector analysis, and relationship building with 600+ early stage venture capital firms.
- Deal due diligence
- Financial and Valuation Analysis
- Competitive and Market Research
- Research on technology, venture capital, IPOs, markets, and the general economy
- In addition, about 40% of the intern’s time will be spent – “doing whatever is required” – to run Alpha Venture Partners ’s business which may include attending demo days, networking, electronic filing, data entry, social networking, writing, reporting, taking notes, reading and summarizing documents.
- Alpha Venture Partners is looking for an MBA student, who is eager to get hands-on experience in the venture capital world. The intern should be results oriented with an ability to work independently and proactively. The intern should have a good grasp of venture capital and startups and be able to dissect deal data and offer recommendations. The intern should have great attention to details and a good command of English. 1-3 years of work experience, coming from Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity or Consulting roles
How to Apply:
To apply, please fill out the application form here, and include a resume and a less than one page cover note on why you wish to work as an Associate with Alpha Partners. Be precise about how your work experience and current skills indicate a good fit. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and will get back within two weeks.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.