Venture Capital Investment Associate Opportunity
(New York or San Francisco)
Alpha Partners is a unique growth stage co-investment fund. Alpha partners with 600+ early stage VC funds as their growth capital to help them double down in their best growth stage companies. Our recent portfolio IPOs include Coupang, Coursera, Udemy, Vroom, Wish, and Rover. We’re also investors in rapid-growth companies; GoPuff, Socure, Ro, Included Health, Thirtymadison, ZenBusiness, and Lime. You can learn more about us and our portfolio companies at alphapartners.com.
We seek an Investment Associate to join our growing team located in New York. While we are HQ’d in midtown Manhattan, we will consider candidates based in San Francisco. This Alpha role is ideal for evaluating growth stage tech investments, and building your long-term sector expertise and relationship network with Venture Capital firms and founders. The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow with Alpha as this is a partner-track position.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Investment Associate opportunity consists of growth stage venture capital diligence, sector analysis, and relationship building with 600+ early stage venture capital firms.
- Deal due diligence
- Financial and Valuation Analysis
- Competitive and Market Research
- Research on technology, venture capital, IPOs, markets, and the general economy
- Working with and expanding our network of partner VC firms
- As we are a small team, about 20% of your time will be spent on the start-up side of the business, which includes deal flow filing, CRM entry, writing and reporting.
- 1-3 years of work experience, coming from Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Consulting, Wealth Management, Investment Advisory or High Growth Startup roles
- Detail oriented with an ability to work independently and proactively, and have unique dual capability to think strategically and
- Large network of VCs or ability or tenacious desire to quickly develop a network of VC relationships
- Strong EQ, rapid research, quantitative analysis, company diligence and writing skills
- Great grasp on Venture Capital and the startup ecosystem
- Most importantly, an Associate must possess great attention to detail and be able to write investment memos that make a balanced case for and against a potential investment. Having a thick skin and ability to advocate for what believe in is crucial for long term success.
How to Apply:
To apply, please fill out the application form here, and include a resume and a less than one page cover note on why you wish to work as an Associate with Alpha Partners. Be precise about how your work experience and current skills indicate a good fit. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.