Venture Capital MBA Summer Intern Opportunity
Alpha Partners is a unique growth stage co-investment fund. Alpha partners with 800+ early stage VC funds as their growth capital to help them double down in their best growth stage companies. Our recent portfolio IPOs include Coupang, Coursera, Udemy, and Rover. You can learn more about us and our portfolio companies at alphapartners.com.
We are seeking a first-year MBA student to join our team as a summer intern. This role has a high potential to turn into a full-time Associate or Senior Associate position after graduation. This role is based in midtown Manhattan and you will be expected to come into the office 2-4 days a week. The ideal student should be interested in evaluating private growth stage tech investments, building long-term sector expertise and be interested in growing a relationship network with venture capital firms and founders. This role is paid and the compensation is $25/hour.
The summer MBA intern role:
The summer MBA intern role consists of growth stage venture capital diligence, sector analysis, and relationship building with 800+ early stage venture capital firms.
- Participate in all aspects of the investment process including deal due diligence, financial and valuation / exit potential analysis and competitive and market research
- Research on technology, venture capital, IPOs, markets, and the general economy
- Represent Alpha at VC ecosystem events to help grow our brand awareness
- In addition to the above, about 40% of the intern’s time will be spent “doing whatever is required” to run Alpha’s business. Tasks may include deal flow filing, CRM data entry, social networking, and reporting on portfolio companies.
- Alpha Partners is looking for a student who is eager to get hands-on experience in the VC world.
- You should be results oriented with an ability to work independently and proactively
- Financial statement comprehension
- Investment analysis skills
- Strong sales and relationship building skills, including networking, influencing, and collaborating to build trust in the community
- Critical eye for attention to details
- English language fluency
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2-4 years of work experience, preferably with a goal of entering into Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Technology, Wealth Management, Private Equity or Consulting after completing their Master’s degree
How to Apply:
To apply, please fill out the application form here, and include a resume and a less than one page cover note on why you wish to work as an Associate with Alpha Partners. Be precise about how your work experience and current skills indicate a good fit. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
This role is paid at a rate of $25/hour
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.