Growth Equity Investment Associate (New York)
Alpha is hiring an Investment Associate to focus on analyzing and evaluating new investment opportunities.
Alpha Partners is a growth equity co-investment firm that invests in enterprise software and tech-enabled services businesses beginning at Series B and up until pre-IPO. Alpha is investing out of its third fund, a $150M vehicle, of which the majority is still to be deployed. This role will play a critical part in the investment process.
Some of our realized investments include Coupang, Coursera, Wish, and Rover. Some of our recent investments include Apollo.io (backed by Sequoia and Bain Capital Ventures), ZenBusiness (backed by Greycroft and Softbank), Semperis (backed by KKR and Insight Partners), and Second Front (backed by NEA).
Alpha’s model is to partner with early stage VC firms to source deals. We work with these firms to fulfill their pro-rata rights in their top performing companies at the growth stages. Our investment team is split into two groups, with dedicated teams for deal origination and for diligence. These teams collaborate seamlessly to drive success. While the primary focus of this role will be completing investment analysis, candidates will also have the opportunity to source deals.
The team is based in NYC, the office is in the Empire State Building, and we’re a hybrid workplace in the office three days per week. The role will require occasional travel and the candidate may be expected to attend certain investor events or on-site diligence meetings.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Investment Associate opportunity consists of growth stage venture capital diligence, sector analysis, and portfolio management.
- Diligence potential investment opportunities
- Guide the origination team’s efforts by identifying top prospects through the creation of market maps and data analysis
- Complete requests from current and prospective limited partners
- Manage portfolio reporting and other investment-related projects
Note: We are passive investors and do not take board seats. There will be minimal portfolio company related work
- 2-4 years of experience encompassing investment banking, private equity or venture capital, financial due diligence or a similar role at a public accounting firm, or consulting
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics or another technical-focused degree
- Working knowledge of financial reporting, investment analysis, and financial modeling
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and proactively on a small team
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment with incomplete data
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Executive mindset with the ability to establish immediate credibility with executive teams within the Alpha Partners portfolio and Partners on the investment team
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow with Alpha as this is a Partner-track position. The salary for this role ranges from $80K – $140K plus bonus, benefits, and carried interest.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this role, please complete the below Google Form, which includes one short prompt (up to 200 words) explaining why you are interested in the role and why you’d think you’d be a good fit.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.